Thursday, May 17, 2007

American singers have always been Idols.

American singers have always been Idols. :

Oh, if I only had it to do over again!  I would not be writing novels or children's stories.  I would be a music journalist like the ones who followed Elvis' career when he was alive.  I think I have become a dedicated enough fan though, to write a blog or journal online now and then to express and promote an interest in the 17 year-old American Idol contestant, Jordin Sparks

Simon Cowell assigned an oldie for Jordin to sing in the AI competition the other night but when she selected an oldie to sing for the second number, he said she shouldn't be singing old songs.  I would recommend any reader to look at the journal on this link and explain his logic to me.  No need though.  I believe Simon has a secret desire to hear the oldies sung with a fresh young new voice.  I also read into it that he is signaling her to come out next week with modern songs because the votes are swaying to the contemporary in the competition. 

I later read the comments from the experts on the AI sites that Jordin's voice has not even matured to the point where she can hit the lowest notes, yet she has "lungs" and "very fast vibrato" as one reviewer commented.  Another said her voice range was already beyond the norm for her age and what a vocal she would probably bring on when she matured.  Whitney Houston's worst nightmare come true, perhaps? Not at all.  I believe Whitney will relive her own success by watching the new debutante.

Listen to the record below and decide for yourself if someone like her can nail this oldie. I think it would be a slam dunk!  Or as Jordin's father might refer to it as a touch down!

No comments: